Dear Colleague ,
Hi all, I hope you are well. Some changes and a big agenda for us.
Very sad news this week. Some of you might already know that Birnur's boss, Tayfur Altiok, died on 04/14/2012. Funeral services will be held on Friday, April 20 at 1:30 pm at Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Princeton. Please check for the details: http://urwebsrv.rutgers.edu/inmemoriam/?q=inmemoriam_record&id=361.
This week's postdoc social events:
- Friday night, April 20: drinks at 7 pm at Kairo Kafe on Bayard street (http://www.kairokafe.com/).
- Saturday, April 21: Benjamin and I need help with our garden. Fancy a beer? Come to help us... ;o) Saturday at 5 pm. Click here to see an aerial photo of the location of our garden. Note: The blue circle is around IMCS, on Cook Douglass Campus; the yellow circle is our garden.
- There is also a gardening event in New Brunswick tonight, Thursday, April 19th at 5:30pm. Check out the community gardening event flyer. The union is encouraging members to be visible union members when you are out in the community. We are part of the community and we want to build mutual support and neighborliness.
- Sunday, April 22: The French election! A bunch of us are going to watch it. You are more than welcome to join! It might start at 1.30-2 pm, at Pascal’s place (I hope you are fine with more people…)
Next up: Postdoc social events in the weeks ahead
The week beginning April 23
- Thursday, April 26 at 7 pm: Dinner at Paris Cafe in Metuchen. Please tell me (Marie) by Monday, April 23, if you are interested.
- Saturday, April 28 is Rutgers Day. It's huge, so here are a few highlights:
* Ag Field Day: http://agfieldday.rutgers.edu/ The sale of the Rutgers plants starts at 10 AM and finishes at 4 pm, but then there is a music festival.
* Folk music festival 10am-6pm http://www.njfolkfest.rutgers.edu/
* BBQ at Marie's place after Ag Field Day: I think I will be done by 4pm, even if some other Rutgers Day activities go until 6 pm. So if people are interested, we could have a postdoc-and- friends BBQ at my place. We have a large backyard.
The week beginning April 30
- Sunday, May 6th: Tthere is a food festival in Asbury Park. Birnur took a picture of the flyer, so we will have more info soon.
The week beginning May 7
We're going to Washington DC, leaving on Friday, May 11th and back on Sunday, May 13th. Who is interested?
The week May 14
-There's a change of date for the cabin. More people seem available for this later weekend, leaving Friday, May 18th and back on Sunday, May 20th. Who is interested? Deadline to let me know: next Friday, April 27.
If you are not yet on our facebook page, please check it out: https://www.facebook.com/groups/228482533867612/
And you are not on FB, well, you can contact me or Birnur, we will pass it along the rest of us. If you know new people, please TELL them about US! You might not be interested in social activities with fellows but they might! Thanks!!
For people outside, please do not be shy! Have a good week!
Sincerely, the "awesome" post docs... ;o)
Marie Séguret and others!
11 Stone Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901